Saturday, January 16, 2021

All About Me

 Hey everyone, my name is Meagan Gutheil. I'm from Greensboro, North Carolina and I am a sophomore at High Point University. I really travelled far to go to school. I am majoring in strategic communication and minoring in public and professional writing. In my studies, I enjoy taking classes that challenge my thought processes as well as allow me to see things from different perspectives. After I complete my bachelor's degree, I will be continuing my education with a master's degree from High Point University in Business Leadership and Communication. I hope to continue to narrow down my exact career path throughout the course of the next few years. Ideally, I would love to continue to live in North Carolina for the rest of my life.

As a student here at High Point University, I am involved all throughout campus. I am a Resident Assistant for the Belk/Blessing community, a member of Phi Mu as well as the current Parent and Alumnae Chair, a member of Chaarg, an all girls fitness organization, and a Presidential Scholar. In my free time I like to sleep and watch movies. I am a huge family person and actually live in the same neighborhood as all of my cousins and Nana.

My favorite class I have taken in my college career so far is Russian Literature. I have to admit, the course seemed very daunting at first and it was not an easy class by any means, but I found it more rewarding than I could have ever imagined. I have not always been the most vocal or expressive student in a classroom, so participation in discuss can be difficult for me, but this class allowed me to branch out of my comfort zone and share my opinions on the various Russian novels we read. I hope to continue to progress like this in all of the rest of my classes in the future. 


my wonderful Nana and me at Christmas brunch

1 comment:

My Online Presence

I've had an online presence for as long as I can remember. I grew up with social media and, thus, it has always been a large part of my ...